Bon-Ga Korean Restaurant @SohoKL, Mont Kiara

It has been a very long time since I had my last Korean meal at Singapore which ended up in a super duper bad experience. Unlike Japanese cuisine which you can enjoy a variety of foods such as noodles (Ramen, Udon, Soba), Sashimi, Sushi, Nabe, Katsu Don and much much more to be listed. As for Korean cuisine, what I enjoy most is only their BBQ set and Ginseng Chicken Soup. Nothing else that I like.

Therefore, it just have to be some day my Korean mood struck me like today only I will dine in a Korean restaurant. So  I happened to be at Soho KL and Restoran Bon-Ga is the only choice.

Occupying the whole 2nd floor and half of the 3rd floor. They have their own personal lift too!
They use gas stove to quicken the grilling process and using charcoal as well to add the BBQ flavor on the meat. Not all Korean restaurant are using such method for their BBQ meat.
As usual, their variety of side dishes which are refillable for free when you order their BBQ set. However, not really like this Korean Restaurant's side dishes. I prefer Kyung Joo Korean Restaurant more on this.
Samgyobsal @RM28.00++
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Just 2 pieces of pork belly already cost you RM15 per piece. However, they really put a lot of effort in preparing the pork belly before they put them on the grilling plate. This is very delicious. Must order!

Bibimbab @RM20.00++
The red color sauce is essential to add on the taste in the Bibimbab.
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Without the sauce, this Bibimbab is hard to eat!

Chicken Jumulok @RM28.00++
After...yummm!!!
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5 - Very delicious. I love how they prepare this chicken by marinated it with their special unique sauce. The taste blended in so well.

At last, I have enjoy again a great Korean BBQ experience here in Malaysia instead. However, I rethink about it...if I travel to Korea one day...I can't be eating Korean BBQ everyday right? Hmm...is there any other Korean cuisine that I have been missing? Anyway, this restaurant is equipped with their wi-fi and parking here if you lucky you can find a open air parking space otherwise you just park in their RM1.00 underground parking lot.

One thing I like about this Korean restaurant is you will able to see the owner of the restaurant taking care of every table in her restaurant very well. Making sure everyone is dining comfortably despite their air-con is spoiled on that day. Pretty hot when you going to have a Korean BBQ in there.

Total Damage: RM83.60
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes

No.2-2, 2-3, 3A-2, Block E
Jalan Solaris 3,
Mont Kiara 50480
KL
03-6204 0012
Operating Hours: 11.30am - 11.30pm (daily except Monday)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Merlion Park, Singapore

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon