Umai-ya Japanese Restaurant, Damansara Uptown

Honestly in my life up until today, I think I can count by my fingers who have been treated me meals. Of course, excluding my girlfriends and my sister. Today, I have been given a birthday treat by my beloved Elayne jie. I called her "jie" is a term of respect for what she have done for me so far. Really thanks to her again, I know there is an existence of Japanese ala-carte buffet! 

The great place is called Umai-ya Japanese  Restaurant. I may have blog about Umai-ya before at KLCC. But the difference is KLCC does not provide a buffet like other branches do! Only IOI Boulevard branch and Damansara Uptown branch provide a buffet lunch which started from 11.30am - 2.30pm. The price is so reasonable @RM48.00++ only!!! Half price for children below 12 years old!!! Maybe you might think the quality might be similar to what I had at Eyuzu Japanese Restaurant @Eastin Hotel. Well, I leave the judgement for you...and let's enjoy the photos below:

Thanks to my beloved Elayne jie again and again...endless of appreciation =)
Look at that Salmon Sashimi!!! They only prepared it for us when we ordered. Not already prepared and displayed on the rack like a normal buffet restaurant. This is called fresh!!!
Some makis! And they are still hot!!!
I can't remember what is this...do you know what is this, Elayne jie?
Chawanmushi ~~~ Hot and tasty!
California Roll and Unagi Roll which are still crunchy and crispy! This proves that this is not pre-made again! Otherwise, the seaweed wrapper will be stale.
My favourite Inari! Is a simple and normal Inari but I still love it!
Dragon Maki - This one is just average. Can skipped this if you are near full.
Adegashi Tofu - Must Try! I just love tofu...either edible or non edible...LOL
Mushroom soup...not those creamy type...but this is a Miso Soup type with different types of mushrooms in it. Too salty for me.
It was a mistake I ordered this. Please skip this at all cost unless you like it.
Yakitori and mini drumstick...so-so taste
Another tofu...can't remember the name of it! Because as long is tofu, I like!
I just can't had enough of sashimi because they are so fresh unlike other buffet restaurant such as Tenji or Jogoya!
They only have three types of ice creams which are Chocolate, Wasabi and Green Tea. Wow, another Wasabi ice-cream, mui! I think Kindori is more spicy. Hahaha...
This is their dining place for lunch buffet. Very very limited space. My advised is you better book 1 week in advance to avoid disappointment.
NOTE: Please don't go to Damansara Perdana as they already moved to Damansara Uptown but the website and the Google Map has not updated yet.
Argghhhh...I am so full and contented! Kind of fall in love with ala-carte buffet lately. I had a Thai ala-carte buffet @Funky Villa and now I had a Japanese ala-carte buffet. There are pros and cons about ala-carte buffet:
Pros:
1) Food are served hot and freshly made
2) You do not have to make or scoop your own food
3) You do not have to walk around and hunt for food.
4) Your service charges are greatly paid of.


Cons:
1) Food variety is lesser than a self service Japanese Restaurant
2) Less participation in making your own food.


The parking here is a nightmare. So you really have to make quite a few round to find the parking. Even there is no space for you to do illegal parking! The government or the developer should start to look on the traffic congestion at this area.


Total Damage: RM111.35 (2 pax)
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Food Service Speed: Moderate
Will I Revisit?: Yes


Umai-ya Japanese Restaurant
49A, Jalan SS21/37,
Damansara Utama,
47400 PJ
Tel: 03-77264410


Umai-ya IOI Puchong Jaya Boulevard
A-GF-40, Block A,
IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 5,
Bandar Puchong Jaya 47170
Puchong
Tel: 03-80751113

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Restoran Minmax, PNB Darby Park

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Merlion Park, Singapore

Restoran Wan Seafood & Tomyam Sara Thai Kitchen, Kuantan

Bungee Jump @Sunway Lagoon

Chong Siew Lam Restaurant, Serdang