Excapade Sushi, Bandar Seri Bengawan

Let's check it out who is in the house?! Yup, Mars Liew with my same surname but different countries. She is from the local Brunei whom I supposed to meet her last year. This time, she made it to meet up with me even though is just 1 hour. I am happy enough! Hee!
She would love to have Japanese Cuisine at that moment and so do I! So this is the first time having a Japanese Cuisine in a foreign country. I never even do that at Singapore! Oh, anyway...the restaurant name is Excapade Sushi. She claimed that this is the best in Brunei and has 3 branches over in Brunei. "Sort of like Sushi King in Malaysia."...that's how she described this restaurant but in my mind was playing, "Sushi King sucks! Are you sure there are the same standard?" Well...anyway, I am still there to witness the "Brunei's best Japanese Cuisine" - Mars Liew claimed. LOL
Wow! I am impressed with their toy train which carries all the sushi!
Instead of ordinary belt, they used a train to attract attention!
Her first personal favourite, Mini California Special
Mini California Special @B$3.00 for every 2 pieces
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - Wow, looks ordinary but taste really good! Her special recommendation is not bad at all!

Her second recommendation, Salmon Sashimi!
Salmon Sashimi @B$15.00
Outlook: 4/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 - Every each salmon meat is very thick as you can see from the picture. However, the meat is lack of taste of freshness. A little disappointing but it is better than Sushi King's Salmon Sashimi anyway.

Cheese Maki @B$2.00
Outlook: 2/5
Creativity: 2/5
Taste: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - It taste more like a mayonnaise rather than cheese. 

Inari Soft Shell Crab Sushi @B$3.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 4/5
Taste: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 3/5 - A new Inari taste for me to have a soft shell crab in it. Really creative and delicious!

Una Cheese Nabe @B$10.80
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 1/5
Price: 1/5
Overall: 2/5 - This is what I ordered myself based of the appearance that I have seen from the menu. Disappointingly it does not seems to look the same. The worst part is the taste...too salty. Mushrooms are more than the Unagi. I can count only 4 thumb size Unagi in it. I have been deceived!

Cha Soba @B$6.00
Outlook: 3/5
Creativity: 3/5
Taste: 2/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 2/5 - Something wrong about the noodle. I believe it is not freshly made and it taste like has been soaked in the water for too long. Another bad choice by me!

Overall, I do not think this Japanese Cuisine is up to my standard but I am still very grateful that she has been a very good host to me even though just for one hour. We promised to have a longer hours in my next visit. Promise is always a promise...thanks Mars Liew dear...=)
P.S: Oh ya, I found out that there is no service charge and government tax is charged here. Is it common or just this restaurant?

Total Damage: B$45.80
Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Food Serving Speed: Moderate
Recommended?: No

Popular posts from this blog

Hawker Center @Jalan MacAlister, Penang

Sports Shooting Club Hatyai (SSC)

Champ's Bowling Centre, Sandakan

Bao Seng Durian Farm, Balik Pulau

Kedai Makan Sek Me Choy, Salak Selatan

Kedai Kopi Lotus, Kota Kinabalu

Merlion Park, Singapore

Aroii Thai @Shaftsbury Square

Kedai Kopi Jia Siang Sheng Rou Mian, Lintas Plaza

Marble 8, KLCC